Porto's FIFA/UEFA trophies>MU's.

Porto's FIFA/UEFA trophies>MU's.

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Dec 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Of course, the top 5 defenders in the world always have two serious blunders, which should gift their opponents goals. 🙄

In England, at least, a match lasts 90+ minutes. If a player plays out of his skin for 89 minutes, but makes two momentous blunders gifting his opponent 2 goals, then he can't have played a good game.

BTW, are you using internet ...[text shortened]... could overlook the 2 gifts that Pepe gave last night though. My bias only goes so far.

D
I'm posting them because they're more evidence that you're talking out of your ignorance and prejudice.

Until you start judging players for what they do over those 90+ minutes of several matches instead of 5 minutes highlights from youtube, then maybe I'll give you some credit.

Overweight? LOL! You don't even know what he looks like.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
13 Dec 07

Here's a good photo of another 1 of your picks as best defender in the world... Phillipe Mexes...
http://www.manutd.com/images/mediaworld/img_10_21975_671.gif

While everybody else around him jumps to head the ball, Mexes ducks out of the way. Pure class. LOL.

D

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
13 Dec 07

Originally posted by Palynka
I'm posting them because they're more evidence that you're talking out of your ignorance and prejudice.
Comments by football fans on internet fan sites being used as "evidence"? I think I've seen it all now.

D

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
13 Dec 07

Originally posted by cadwah
You rely on past victories so much you're starting to sound like a Liverpool fan.
Past victories are what makes a clubs illustrious history - such as 18 leagues titles, 5 european cups,

if i'm not mistaken them stats make liverpool the best team in english history?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
14 Dec 07

Comments by football fans on internet fan sites being used as "evidence"? I think I've seen it all now.

D
Yep. They show you haven't watched the game.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Dec 07

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbol-madrid-perdona/dasftb/20071217dasdaiftb_19/Tes#despiece4

El crack

Pepe Volvió a hacer un partido perfecto. Aburrió a Dady y con su velocidad subsanó los errores de Cannavaro.

Keep watching those 5min (2?) highlights, Rag.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Dec 07

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbol-madrid-perdona/dasftb/20071217dasdaiftb_19/Tes#despiece4

El crack

Pepe Volvió a hacer un partido perfecto. Aburrió a Dady y con su velocidad subsanó los errores de Cannavaro.

Keep watching those 5min (2?) highlights, Rag.
I only need to watch 2 minutes of action, if those 2 minutes include a defender getting into a shocking position and losing his man for a goal, and then gifting the opposition another penalty. It's quite obvious, that given these mistakes, it can only be described as foolish to call his play in that game "sensational", "super good", "and worth €30m"

Titus Bramble can play 88 superb minutes. However, in the remaining 2, he probably stood on the ball for a goal, passed to the opposition striker for a goal, gave away a penalty and scored an own goal. If somebody claimed that he was "sensational" in that game, they'd be signed into Bedlam.

Come back to me when Real play decent opposition and Pepe gives away two goals. I enjoy seeing you making an ass of yourself.

D

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Dec 07

I only need to watch 2 minutes of action, if those 2 minutes include a defender getting into a shocking position and losing his man for a goal, and then gifting the opposition another penalty. It's quite obvious, that given these mistakes, it can only be described as foolish to call his play in that game "sensational", "super good", "and worth €30m"

Tit ...[text shortened]... ion and Pepe gives away two goals. I enjoy seeing you making an ass of yourself.

D
What part of "Volvió a hacer un partido perfecto" didn't you understand?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Dec 07

What part of "[b]Volvió a hacer un partido perfecto" didn't you understand?[/b]
I have only studied spanish for 10 hours, so apologies if I misunderstood it. Does it not say he played a perfect part? (The only verb like Volvio that I know, is volver, but that doesn't make sense to me).

Was I also wrong in translating "han estado super bien" as "was super good", "Pepe sigue demostrando lo q vales " as Pepe demonstrated his worth (€30m) and "sensacionales" as sensational?

Fair play to you for expanding your debating style. Not only do you cover semantic pedantry and grammar, but now also Spanish lessons.

D

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Dec 07

I have only studied spanish for 10 hours, so apologies if I misunderstood it. Does it not say he played a perfect part? (The only verb like Volvio that I know, is volver, but that doesn't make sense to me).

Was I also wrong in translating "han estado super bien" as "was super good", "Pepe sigue demostrando lo q vales " as Pepe demonstrated his worth (€ ...[text shortened]... Not only do you cover semantic pedantry and grammar, but now also Spanish lessons.

D
Nice sidestepping. Fact remains that he already won the opinions of the fans and the press.

But Ragnorak knows best with his eagle-eye scouting which only requires 5min highlights.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Dec 07

Nice sidestepping. Fact remains that he already won the opinions of the fans and the press.

But Ragnorak knows best with his eagle-eye scouting which only requires 5min highlights.
Ragnorak never claimed to know best. He simply has an opinion, which says that a player who gifts the opposition 2 goals in a game, hasn't played "sensationally".

D

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Dec 07

For Rag:

From Marca:
excepcional partido de los cuatro del fondo, con mención especial para Pepe, que va a acabar siendo barato…

From As:
Casillas volvió a dejar claro que es el mejor portero del mundo y Pepe fue el líder de una gran defensa

From El Pais:
el equipo madridista montó un triunfo indiscutible alrededor de Pepe, caudillo de la defensa, líder de un equipo que no juega sino que remata y mata.